3/7/10

Menu Plan Monday

Happy Sunday night/Monday morning everyone! I hope everyone had a great weekend :)

I didn't realize that last week was my 20th time participating in the MPM! I must have been distracted by my anxiety over my new job. Which, so far, has been good. I have already received a raise, and might be getting another one this coming week :) Turns out, I have more skills that they want to use then originally considered. It has been quite the adjustment going back to work, even part time, after 6 years of staying at home. I could really use some new Crock Pot and Freezer Cooking recipes, please leave a comment with a link to your tried and true favorites!

So, check out these fish! The boys went fishing on Saturday out at Sprague Lake and brought home 2 very nice Trout. The big one is 4 lbs.! Now, my dad wants me to tell you about what kind of lures they used but I don't give a rat's patootty so if your interested in what caught these beauties you can go read about it HERE on his blog.

Ironically, these fish were captured on the same day that we were suppose to have a fish fry, but they didn't get back until after dark. I wasn't told that they planned on staying out all day, was rather irritated with them for leaving that little detail out and in no mood to fry up a mess of fish. They got stuck with Grilled Cheese w/Turkey sandwiches and Tater Tots for dinner. Like they cared, my husband said that big one was the second largest fish he ever caught! Thus, the Fish fry has been moved to next week.

Here is the meal plan for this week. Chores are being done on an "as it gets done" basis until I can get adjusted to my new schedule. We are living in a pig sty.

Breakfast: Yogurt, Cereal, Eggs and Toast

Lunch: Sandwiches, Left overs for the DH.

Snacks: Apples, Cuties, crackers and cheese.

Dinner:

Monday -
Home made Mac-n-Cheese (from the freezer)
Smoked Sausages
Green Salad

Tuesday -
Crock Pot Rotisserie Chicken
Mashed Potatoes (did you know you can freeze Mashed Potatoes?)
Dilled Green Beans

Wednesday -
Pork Chops
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Green Salad

Thursday -
10 Layer Slow- Cook Dish, from the Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook by Dawn J. Rank and Phyllis Pellman Good. We are making a double batch, one for dinner, one to stick in the freezer for later.

Recipe:
6 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
salt and pepper to taste
15 oz. can of corn (we are using frozen)
15 oz can of peas (also frozen)
1/4 C. water
1 1/2 lb. ground beef, browned
10 3/4-oz can of cream of mushroom soup

1. Layer 1: 1/4 of potatoes, 1/2 of onion, salt and pepper.
2. Layer 2: 1/2 can of corn.
3. Layer 3: 1/4 of potatoes.
4. Layer 4: 1/2 can of peas.
5. Layer 5: 1/4 of potatoes, 1/2 of onion, salt and pepper.
6. Layer 6: remaining corn.
7. Layer 7: remaining potatoes.
8. Layer 8: remaining peas and water.
9. Layer 9: ground beef
10: Layer 10: soup

Cover, cook on High for 4 hours.

Friday -
Our 6th Wedding Anniversary! Dh and I are going to PF Chang's, those stuck at home are having left overs, or what ever they want. I don't care, I am going to PF Chang's!

Saturday -
Pan fried Trout
Home made oven fries
Fresh veg (what ever is on sale this week)

Sunday-
Creamy Chicken Italiano served over pasta - again from the Fix-it and Forget-it cookbook.
Green Salad


Here is the recipe for the Creamy Chicken Italiano:
4 boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves
1 envelope dry Italian salad dressing mix
1/4 C. water
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
10 3/4-oz. can cream of chicken soup
4 oz. can mushrooms, drained (we will be leaving these out!)

1. Place chicken in slow cooker
2. Combine salad dressing mix and water. Pour over chicken.
3. Cover. Cook on low for 3 hours.
4. Combine cream cheese and soup until blended. Stir in the mushrooms. Pour over chicken.
5. Cover. Cook on Low for 1 hour or until chicken juices run clear.
6. Serve over noodles or rice.

So, what are you eating this week? Get recipe inspiration over at The Organization Junkie's MPM event!

6 comments:

WDSTK3 said...

"...but I don't give a rat's patootty..."

Sacrilege and Blasphemy!

Leah said...

If they give a rat's patootty, they will go check out your blog :)~

Unknown said...

I *love* my crockpot. I've got a link to Pasta Fagioli on my blog - that's one of our fave soups on a cold day. A roast in the CP with veggies is always good as well. I even brown my ground beef and dump it in with spaghetti sauce so that all I have to do is boil noodles when I come home. Not much of a recipe, but it works!

Lynn said...

It looks like we have been cooking from the same cookbook :) Here's a crockpot recipe I really like, crockpot pork roast with apple gravy. http://queenofthecastlerecipes.blogspot.com/2009/11/pork-roast-with-apple-gravy.html

By the way, I left the link to the freezer sweet pickles you asked about at Jessica's Life as Mom blog. Happy pickling! I'd love to hear more about your garden/cooking experiments.

Moonstruck Mommy said...

Crock-pot=LOVE! :D Your menu looks great...& Happy Anniversary!

Unknown said...

There are some great suggestions for you at Crock Pot Wednesdays on my blog. Come check them out:)