1/3/10

Menu Plan Monday: Week 1 of the Eat from your Pantry Challenge!

Happy 2010!!

Many thanks to the Orgjunkie for hosting the MPM event. This week is also the first week that we are participating in the January 2010 Eat from the Pantry Challenge hosted by Money Saving Mom as well.

I don't know if it is because it is a new year or because we have been having some un-usually warm weather around here. It has been over 40 degrees on some days, which is considerably different then last year at this time when we had over 5 feet of snow on the ground! But, if feels like spring time and I feel like getting stuff organized. I know I am not the only one, I have been talking to friends and neighbors that are saying the same thing. It's weird....so in addition to planning this week's menu, I have also scheduled out some chores and projects that I want to get done as well.

This week's Organization goal: Sort out Christmas decorations and wrappings, put away.

Additional Goal: Cook 2 meals in the crock pot this week.

Breakfasts this week will be cereal, eggs, toast, bacon/sausage.

Lunches this week will be extra leftovers, soups and sandwiches. Colby has lunch at preschool Monday - Thursday.

Snacks and treats this week are this weird Raisin Cream Pie that Mom made for Dad to keep him out of the Franz bread outlet, and Rice crispy treats for Colby. We also have alot of cheese, sausage and crackers left over from the holidays to finish.

Sunday Recap from last week:
Crockpot Rotisserie roasted Chicken
Stuffing
Mashed Potatoes, Gravy
Update: It was delicious!

Monday - Vacuum and dust
Baked Spaghetti with meatballs (they are left over from the New Year's Eve Appetizer night)
Green Salad
Garlic Muffins (new recipe found surfing the MPM event from last week!)

Tuesday - Clean the oven
Chicken Stew (made from Sunday's leftovers)

Wednesday - Polish appliances, mop
Leftovers

Thursday - Grocery shopping
Pork Sirloin Chops (in the crockpot)
Baked Potatoes
Green Salad or Green Beans

Friday - Household laundry
Beef Noodle Bake (Pantry dish, will try to post a recipe when I come up with one)
Baked Squash

Saturday - Wash work and school clothes
Leftovers

Sunday - Clean out fridge, get garbage out
Hamburger Helper
Corn
Garlic toast

Go check out I am an organizing Junkie for recipes, menu plans and dinner ideas from around the world. I like looking at the ones from the U.K. - Some of the ingredient combinations are....interesting.


5 comments:

Michele said...

Can you stop over at my house on Tuesday and clean my oven too? lol My husband has the organizing bug too he cleaned out the shed and the garage today.

Leah said...

Sure, as long as you show me the button on the stove that says "clean". LOL!

Tammy said...

I love that you added your house cleaning menu for the week.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
WDSTK3 said...

Weird? WEIRD?? It's the best ever!