11/2/09

This week's shopping is done!

And then some....

Since I went through the freezers yesterday and fashioned our weekly menu around it, there were only a few fresh items that I needed to pick up in order to have that we need for all of our meals and snacks this week.

Not to say that I wont shop again, because I can't help myself sometimes, and Im sure not going to leave that free tomato sauce at Walgreens!

Anywhoo....as I was saying, there wasn't much that needed to be added for our meals but it was time to go back to the Franz Bread outlet anyway so I just decided to get it all done in one trip and call it good for the week.


Here's the breakdown:

Franz Bread Outlet:

  • 1 loaf of Seattle International Sliced Sour Dough Bread
  • 2 - 2 lb. loaves of Whole Grain White Bread
  • 1 loaf of San Juan Island 9 Grain
  • 1 package of Whole Wheat BBQ buns

    Subtotal = $5.70, basically $1.14 each
    Plus:

  • 1 Cyrus O'Learys Strawberry Rubarb Pie for $4.99 - note to Leah, don't take the DH to the bread store with you ever again.

  • Total at the Bread Outlet = $10.69 and since I spent over $10.00 I was able to pick out a free item and I choose a Bag of Stuffing crutons, for Thanksgiving.


    Then I went over the the Rainbow Grocery Bargain Market (the one of N. Division is my fav) and picked up:


  • 1 container of shredded Parmasan Cheese @ $1.99
  • 1 small chunk of smoked Gouda Cheese @ $2.00 Yummy!
  • 1 - 3 lb. bag of Yams @ $2.49 (this is a steal, they are running anywhere between $1.29 to $1.89 per lb in the stores!) Click on the word "Yams" there to see what the difference is between Yams and Sweet Potatoes
  • 1 head of green cabbage @ $1.79 - not really sure if thats a deal but I didn't want to go anywhere else.
  • 1 bag of garden salad @ .99 cents

  • Total spent at the Grocery Outlet = $9.26

    So, for a total of $19.95, I got all that I need to finish off this week's meals and snacks and all the bread we will need for the next 2 weeks... I think I did alright :)


    Maybe I will be able to get around to that Banana Bread I want to make, and I have also been thinking about making up some home made Bisquick Mix with all that cheap Flour we scored on a few weeks ago.




    No comments: