I prefer to purchase our Bread at the Snyder's/Franz Outlet at 3024 N. Monroe St. because of the great deals they have there. I did my weekly bread run today and thought, just for fun, I would do a side by side comparison of the prices for the items I purchased today with Safeway, since I had to go there too.
Here is what I bought, and what I paid for the items, and what Safeway charges for the same items.
- 2 Loaves of Whole Grain White Bread, Franz price = .89 cents each for a total of $1.78. Safeway price is $3.19 each. I saved $2.30 per loaf!
- 2 Loaves of San Juan 9 Grain, Franz price = $1.19 each for a total of $2.38. Safeway price is $4.19 each or 2 for $5.00 with the club card. I saved $6.00 w/o club card, $2.62 w/club card.
- 1 Loaf of San Francisco Sour Dough Bread Round, Franz price = $1.19. Safeway Price = $3.99. I saved $2.80.
- 1 package of French Hoagie Buns, Franz price = .89 cents. Safeway Price = $3.39. I saved $2.50
- 1 package of Chocolate Chip Cookies, Franz price = $1.00. I didn't find these at Safeway, so Im going to guess they would be in the $2.00 range. So, I saved $1.00
- 1 Cyrus O'Leary's Pumpkin Pie, Franz price = $4.99. Safeway price = $8.99. I saved 4.00!!
- 2 boxes of Franz Mini donuts, Franz price = FREE (customer appreciation promo for spending over $10.00) Safeway price = $2.99 each. I saved $5.98!
- Chili Seasoning Packet, Franz price .79 cents. I didn't look at Safeway, so Im going to guess again and estimate that it would have been in the $1.29 - $1.39 range. I saved atleast .50 cents.
So, I spent a total of $13.02 for 5 loaves of bread, 2 boxes of mini-donuts, 1 package of cookies, 1 package of Hoagie Buns, a Cyrus O'Leary's Pumpkin Pie, and a packet of Chili Seasoning. The same items at Safeway would have cost me $40.40!
See why I prefer to buy my bread at the Franz Outlet store? :)
BTW, All Cyrus O'Leary's Pies are $3.99 on Saturdays!!