9/18/09

Mall Run

September 19, 2009
Update on mall card: I did go back to see if I could get another free $10.00 mall card and learned that the additional $10.00 gift cards applies to the "Spend $75.00 get a $10.00 gift card" promo that is running in conjuction with the totally free $10.00 gift card promo. I kinda figured that would be the deal, but still needed to check it out. I also found out the the promo is extended through Sunday though, so you have an extra day to get your free gift card :)
September 18, 2009

As I mentioned in my very hurried previous post, Ginger and I went up to Northtown Mall this afternoon to pick up our free gift cards, do a bit of shopping and have some lunch. We dont get to do stuff like this together very often and I was looking forward to it.

We dropped Colby off at the daycare at the Mall and went to get our gift cards at the Shop Smart Look Fab display set up outside of the Sears entrance to the Mall. I was suprised to find out from the attendant that we could come back tomorrow and get another gift card and perplexed as to how to go about getting another voucher so what I did, and am crossing my fingers on, is used the link in this mornings post to re-print my voucher. I am going to take it up to the mall tomorrow and see if its really that simple. They dont open until 10:00 AM, so I will get there as soon as I can after that and get home to let everyone know what the details are.

It was disappointing to find out Sears was no longer accepting the $10.00 off $10.00 coupons. The sales lady was really nice though and explained that it was a Memo that had came out this morning nation wide stating that they were not to accept them. She even tried to scan it just to see if it would go, but the computer said it was expired so Sears has blocked it in their system. Like I said, that was a bummer. She was telling us that in some areas - not so much Spokane or the Sears at Northtown- but in other areas people had printed out stacks of the coupons and had literally used them to purchase hundreds of dollars in $10.00 items so Sears was pretty much forced to shut it down. This is an excellent example of how some people can take a good thing and ruin it for every one else! I admitted to her that we were hoping to get some cheap stuff too but considering what we did get I wasn't upset about it. She, the sales lady, was really sweet about it, she apologized for it and we told her not to be sorry, we understood and besides, we still had our free $10.00 gift cards so no harm no foul right?

This is what we got:

1 pair of G.Lo Jeans, originally $24.99, clearanced for $9.99 with an additional 40% off = $5.99 (these are going to be really cute with my cheap sweaters I picked up last spring and my Emu boots :)

2 pairs of 1955 Vintage denim shorts (1 for Ginger and 1 for me), originally $12.99, clearanced for $9.99 with an additional 40% off = $5.99 x 2 (they are not as short as they look, its the lower waistline that makes them look all Daisy Duke in the photo, but there's no cheeky exposure)

1 pair of Union Bay shorts, originally $19.99, clearanced for $5.99 with an additional 40% off = $3.59

Tax = $1.88

Total = $23.44

Factoring in our $20.00 in gift cards, we spent $3.44!!

Thats all-right with me :) I hope my sister's impressed, she's a Macy's Deal Squirrel! Ive told her she need to start blogging about her finds, but she's too busy shopping ;)~

No comments: