I mentioned in yesterday's post that I have been corresponding with an Exectuvive Assistant at Fred Meyer about the coupon policy. I would dearly love to simply copy and paste the chain of emails but unfortunately, at the very bottom of the emails to and from the lady I have been talking to, there is this verbage,
"This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and protected by law from unauthorized disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message"
Ok, so I cannot share the actual emails, but I am going to recap as much of it as I think I can get away with, which is probably more then they really want me to share but here goes.
1. Spokane area Fred Meyer's stores will no longer be accepting competitor's coupons ( though, apparently not everyone got this memo since I was able to use 2 Albies Doublers there just yesterday).
2. Fred Meyer's accepts all manufacturers coupons, including Internet Printable Coupons as long as they scan, if the coupon will not scan, no matter where it came from, they will not accept it.
3. Fred Meyer will not accept Internet Printable Coupons for free items (no big suprise here, besides the fact that there are very rarely legitimate "Totally Free" printable coupons out there anyway). Though, they will accept Buy One Get One Free Internet Printable Coupons.
4. If the coupon value is higher then the price of the item, the coupon will be adjusted to the cost of the item, Fred Meyer will not give change back.
5. You can still use Manufacturer's coupons with Fred Meyer in-ad store coupons, with the same conditions as stated in #4.
Well, I guess this is better then nothing right? Im sorry that this isn't in a document that everyone could print out and put in their coupon binders like we do with our Walgreens and Target coupon policies but I will keep requesting that Fred Meyer provide a written copy of their coupon policy and maybe one of these days they will put something up on their website to shut me up.