5/18/09

Home Made Dishwasher Detergent

The county I live in recently went phosphate free in regards to Dishwasher detergent, and all of us who live here know just exactly what kind of (insert your own 4 letter word here) that stuff is. Its useless and extremely overpriced.


I ran out of the last bottle I had but in no way shape or form was I going to buy another bottle. I dont have time to run over to Idaho to bootleg any of the good stuff back so I started looking for recipes online for home-made dishwasher soap and found one that works even better then that junk that is available.



I spent:

$3.99 for a box of Borax

$7.92 for a bottle of Grapefruit Essencial Oil

$4.49 for a bottle of Fruitt Fresh

Combined with the other ingrediants I already had and Wal-la, 2 and half cups of home-made dishwasher detergent. Plus, I still have a virtually full box of Borax, which has countless other uses around the home, and a nearly full bottle of Essencial Oil that I can do things like add to baking soda to make my own carpet freshener, mix with water for a home-made fabric freshener, put a couple drops in the toilet to freshen the bathroom....endless possiblilities. The Fruit Fresh will come in handy when its time to make more jelly.

So, for $16.40 I got a variety of home made cleaning products that will end up being pennies on the dollar.

How cool is that?

Wink

Leah

PS. Get the recipe, and other great ideas here.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is soooooooooooo cool!

Anonymous said...

Hi...I am in spokane too, and I am getting too much film and fog on my glasses. Did yours do that?