3/16/10

My 5 Things for this week

Tabitha at Saving for a Better Life has started doing a weekly linky event called My 5 Things. She is challenging everyone to create a list of 5 things - just 5 things- that need to be done to become more organized.

Last week's list:

Get the laundry sorted and start washing the towels and linens.

Fold said laundry and put away.

Sweep the floor, pick up the clutter, every day.

Set out work and school clothes every night.

Start the tomato plants this week.

Not so good with the laundry, I did get it sorted and most of it folded but alas, it still sits in the baskets waiting to be put away. And, I wasn't very diligent about putting out work and school clothes every night. I just don't think that is going be happening on a regular bases.

This week's list:

Get my desk cleaned off again.

Start working on my Parents Income Tax Return.

Clean up the boy's room.

Do some yard work in the front if the weather permits, if not, clean and re-organize the pantry.

Continue the daily sweep and declutter routine.

Go check out what others are doing to get their houses back in order at Tabitha's My 5 Things


2 comments:

Unknown said...

what great idea! I'm gonna head over there and join in!

Lindy said...

Hi Leah! I just found your blog a couple of weeks ago. I love it! I have a tip for you that might help with your kids clothes laying them out for the week.
Every sunday night I lay out my kids clothes for the week. I use a hanging shoes organizer. My kids are younger 6 year old son and 2 1/2 year old daughter. So when they are getting thier baths sunday night I take time to do this. I put everything in the pocket they might need for that day. My son knows to start at the top and work his way down.
I take into consideration what the weather and events are going to be for that particular day. If he has soccer practice that day then I put his soccer clothes in thier too. It really helps and saves time.