1/31/10

Menu Plan Monday

As always, many thanks to Laura the Organization Junkie for hosting the MPM! Good luck with your move Laura!

So, the Eat from the Pantry Challenge is officially over. It was fun but in a way I am relieved because I felt like such a big cheater every time I went to the store. I will participate in it again though! I learned a lot from doing it, things that are really going to help in the future.

I didn't get so many things done this last week that I wanted to though. Things just go so busy! We had Dr. appointments for our daughter (she is getting Lasik Eye Surgery), and our son had his second H1N1 shot, always fun---not! Things just kept coming up so a few of the chores that were planned for last week are rescheduled for this week.

And, instead of Shepard's Pie on Sunday, we had Rice a Roni Porcupine Meatballs instead. I just didn't feel like messing with the Potatoes. But, I did learn, while looking for the recipe, the when Shepard's Pie is made with beef, it is actually called Cottage Pie. Did not know that before....

Breakfast has all the usual suspects, cereal, toast, yogurt....

Lunch is the same as always, Left overs, sandwiches, snacky stuff.

Dinner menu and chore list for this week:

Monday - Clip and put away coupons (bought 5 papers this week)

Chicken with Creamy Pan Sauce
Scalloped Potatoes
Steamed Cauliflower

Tuesday - Grocery Shopping (got to use up those Albertsons doublers)

Boneless Pork Ribs, left over from Saturday (I used the sauce recipe for Bourbon Chicken and it is yummy!)
Baked Acorn Squash
Corn Casserole

Wednesday - Vacuum and dust

Sloppy Joe's or Hamburgers
Pasta Salad (still have a few boxes of Suddenly Salad we need to use)


Thursday - Polish appliances, finish Kitchen drawers

Steak and Bake
Green Salad
Cottage Cheese

Friday - Inventory pantry and freezers

Chicken and Rice
Left over green salad
Garlic toast

Saturday - Work and school laundry - Start prepping for Superbowl party

Leftovers if we have them, or we will be winging it

Sunday - Get garbage out, put away clean laundry

Superbowl Party! Too many yummy things to list!

Go check out I'm an Organizing Junkie for recipe inspiration and cool blog jogging!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad the 'bourbon chicken' sauce worked for your pork too! It is a yummy sauce and so easy with stuff you have on hand.

Frugal Friend said...

I finally checked what that bourbon chicken is all about. The only time I've really had it is at the mall. It's so good. I kept looking for bourbon in the recipe until I finally saw it was a copycat recipe! LOL

Candi said...

Sounds like a yummy week. I quit cutting coupons, you might enjoy reading this post:

http://familystampingfood.blogspot.com/2010/02/basic-couponing-101-step-4-coupon.html

I didn't know that about Shepherd's Pie. We've always called it that, but Cottage pie does make sense.

Mandi said...

Looks like a good week. That chicken in creamy sauce sounds yummy, I bookmarked it. Have a great week!

ToyLady said...

Your menu looks great! I love swapping pork for chicken (or vice versa!), depending on what there's more of in the freezer.

Janet said...

Mmm, porcupine meatballs...I've not had those in years. Time to bring them back.