1/28/10

Bad coupon Alert! Albertsons is not accepting some of the Quaker Oatmeal coupons!

Much appreciation to the Indian Trail Albertsons Store Manager, Erick, for taking the time to explain what happened today. I wanted to get this out there so that my fellow Coupon shoppers, and the poor cashiers at Albertsons, could avoid the frustration and hassle.

This morning, Albertsons received a fax from the Quaker Oat Company, stating that they would not be reimbursing the stores for certain Internet Printed $1.00 off Quaker Instant Oatmeal or Quaker Quick or Old Fashion Oats. The coupons that they will not accept are the ones that have the expiration date of 4/30/2010 and were available from Bricks via Banner ads that were all over the Internet a while back.

They should accept the Red Plum printable coupons, expiration date 2/27/2010, that are available via http://www.quakeroats.com/about-quaker-oats/content/create-your-day/default.aspx. But, then again, if the cashiers or managers don't fully read the memo they might not. Erick was cool enough to show it to me, and it has a photo scan of the coupon that Quaker Oats Company WILL NOT reimburse for.

This only applies to the $1.00 coupons with the expiration date of 4/30/2010 and only for the cereal products. All other Quaker product coupons, like the granola bars and Pancake mix, are not included in this memo.

Pass it on!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

ok I printed of 2 quaker coupons but the expiration date is 2/24/2010 is the one ok? I think I used the other one at Safeway YIKES.

Leah said...

That was the one that the manager at the Indian Trail Albys said was ok, and he accepted 5 of them from me. It is the ones that came from the banner ads that they are poo-poo-ing, not the one the comes from that freakin "create your day" game.

I bit worried about the granola bar one, from what I was reading in the comments on Frugal Chic Living, some of the Albys are not accepting any printed Quaker coupons :(

Frugal Chic Living said...

Thanks for this info Leah! I'll be linking back.

Money Savings In WA said...

You're lucky then because the Albertsons in the Tri-Cities (Richland, Kennewick, Pasco) area are not accepting ANY Quaker product internet printables. The origin of the problem came from the store on Lee Blvd in Richland so it's understandable why none would be taken. Shame on the person(s) who did it on Wednesday morning!

Kate said...

Thanks for the info Leah! I've been out of the coupon loop the last few days (see facebook for why) and I was still hoping to take advantage of some of these quaker deals! I think my coupons are still good, and at least i will have accurate info if they question my coupons now!