4/28/09

Hello

Hello North Spokane!

This is my first-ever-time blogging so thanks for stopping by to check it out. It will (obviously) be a work in progress....

Why am I doing this? Well, let me tell you....

A couple weeks ago there was an article in the Wednesday paper about this Lady here in Spokane that was getting all kinds of great deals by shopping with coupons. I was intrigued, Ive always used coupons but she's got it worked out to a downright science! Included in this article was the internet address of another local Lady who has been blogging about her coupon shopping skills. I was hooked, she is finding these great deals and sharing the info with everyone. She is feeding her family for $50.00 - sometimes less- per week. Amazing! Her blog is awesome. Click her button and check it out yourself.
As I mentioned, she finds all these great deals. She manages to match sales with coupons and even post the links to more coupons that you can print of of the internet. I doubt my blog is going to get that intense, but I did figure that I could start sharing some of the deals I have found and invite other northsiders to share their deals finds as well.

Like today, I went to the Shadle Walmart. Not exactly my favorite store to go to, place can be kind of scary sometimes but I wanted to pick up a couple things they had on ad that I had coupons for. This is what I got:

2 boxes of Delux Kraft Mac and Cheese - 2/$3.00
2 boxes of CrunchnMunch - 2/$2.00
1 bottle of Kraft Ranch salad dressing - $1.58

Total: $6.58

LESS:
$1.50 off 2 boxes of Kraft Mac and Cheese
$1.00 off 2 boxes of CrunchnMunch
$1.50 off 1 16 oz. or larger size bottle of Kraft salad Dressing

Total $4.00 in coupons, bringing the grand total to $2.58

I'll be honest, Im totally impressed with myself :)

So, I now have a goal. I, too, am going to attempt to feed my family for $50.00 or less per week. This will be a challenge, and, I admit, this will not be an easy thing to do. For starters, my husband is a butcher and I have literally caught him sneaking meat home. Yes, he does get good deals, but honestly, who really needs a case of hotdogs? The upside of this is we never pay full price for meat and we have a totally stuffed freezer.

(By the way, I could use some good hotdog recipes...)

First thing tommarrow I am going to plan a menu based on what I have and what is going on sale this week. Check back next week to see how I do!

No comments: